Sprache auswählen

Der Sauerteig - Das unbekannte Wesen

• collage.jpg

Ciabatta - WST

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23413 von jeremy
jeremy antwortete auf Ciabatta - WST
I actually gave it a maybe 30 minute proof after shaping, I folded it into thirds as well with seam side down and flipped it over onto the peel and baked!
Jeremy

Aber mutter!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23488 von Skua
Skua antwortete auf Ciabatta - WST

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

"Ciabatta dough is unique... this requires some special handling (like locking all the doors so the bakers can't run for the exits)"

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23510 von jeremy
Wow! Fabulous work Michael, will you go to Wales for the Bethesda bakin event in August?

Tchuss!
Jeremy

Aber mutter!

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23559 von Skua
Skua antwortete auf Ciabatta - WST
Hi Jeremy,

thank you for your kind words! But, yes, I was very glad to see them coming out of the oven. Things are really easy if you read all these hints, tips and remarks that are developing from a good running thread. Gavin's „strange Ciabatta“ or Your „Baguette Bake-Off“ contest in the Australian Forum are time machines. We are learning baking with unnatural velocity. Steeling with our eyes and ears.

Jeremy, it is always a good decision and warranty for a good bake simply to follow your formulas. What I appreaciate are the very precise data you give. A question to the hydration please: in Europe hard flour is simply not availible. Your hydration of ciabatta dough or pane pugliese dough is just ok for German flour, even for the beginner. Not too extreme. I think you are one of the few who has real experience with soft and with hard flour. Is there a lot a do about nothing? Is it just a matter of a few „g“ and a little experience? Or otherwise, did you carefully adapt your recommondations for us soft wheat users here?

(And for Bethesda, I really would like to come to this new Woodstock and watch the great bakers of our time ;-) [size=59:3ditnp8g]but I can't promise[/size:3ditnp8g])

Michael

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23572 von jeremy
:huldigen: I am not worthy Michael!
Actually when experimenting at my sisters in Switzerland I tried making some loaves with the fresh milled dinkel and other flours she had, so strange when I am so accustomed to American flours with a harder wheat, though I now use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour which is somewhat higher gluten level of a bout 12 %?
I did try a recipe on the other German forum you told me about that Dieter is headmeister of, it was a Munchener Bierkipf, mistakenly I used all purpose flour and didn't try to over knead or fold the dough, the bread came out sort of more a cake than a true bread, I suppose the reason was the high percentage of barley and rye? Tastes delicious though, for sure next time I will add bread flour though to make a more stable crumb!

Tchuss!
Jeremy
P.S. since I will be in Europe this August it would be nice to meet some of you people, I will be in Basel and hanging around maybe in Allgau where my father lived!

Aber mutter!

Mehr
17 Jahre 1 Monat her #23577 von jeremy

jeremy schrieb: :huldigen: I am not worthy Michael!
Actually when experimenting at my sisters in Switzerland I tried making some loaves with the fresh milled dinkel and other flours she had, so strange when I am so accustomed to American flours with a harder wheat, though I now use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour which is somewhat higher gluten level of a bout 12 %?
I did try a recipe on the other German forum you told me about that Dieter is headmeister of, it was a Munchener Bierkipf, mistakenly I used all purpose flour and didn't try to over knead or fold the dough, the bread came out sort of more a cake than a true bread, I suppose the reason was the high percentage of barley and rye? Tastes delicious though, for sure next time I will add bread flour though to make a more stable crumb!

Tchuss!
Jeremy
P.S. since I will be in Europe this August it would be nice to meet some of you people, I will be in Basel and hanging around maybe in Allgau where my father lived!

Aber mutter!

Moderatoren: nontox
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.123 Sekunden